Go behind the scenes at Plano’s newest state-of-the-art facility for young athletes.
Every year, more than 2.6 million children are treated for sports-related injuries. As the only youth orthopedic institute of its kind in Texas, the Children’s HealthSM Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine aims to keep athletes on the playing field and out of the operating room.
Bringing together a group of multidisciplinary experts under the direction of world-renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews, the Children’s Health Andrews Institute places a strong emphasis on research, education and injury prevention to meet the needs of young athletes, parents and coaches alike. From orthopedic surgeons and concussion experts to sports dietitians and athletic trainers, their dedicated team is specifically trained in pediatrics to help young athletes achieve optimal health and sports performance.
Offering a home-field advantage
With its groundbreaking new facility in Plano, the Andrews Institute is the destination for youth orthopedics and sports medicine in North Texas. With an expansive turf field, advanced imaging center, aquatic facility and more, young athletes get the training and guidance they need to perform at the top of their game, including:
- Advanced diagnostics
- Community education rooms
- Aquatic therapy with HydroWorx
- Sports performance powered by EXOS
- Athletic assessments offered within new
- Turf field and synthetic sprint track for training sports performance lab and coaching
By your side®, with world-class care for young athletes
Specializing in orthopedic surgery, fracture care and rehabilitation, Children’s Health Andrews Institute provides a full spectrum of programs and services including:
- Trauma and fracture care
- Sports cardiology
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Concussion care and baseline screenings
- Nutrition and sports performance programs
- Diagnostic and imaging services
- Treatment for congenital and hereditary orthopedic disorders such as pediatric spinal deformity and clubfoot
- Shoulder and knee services such as SLAP and ACL repairs
The new facility is open at 7211 Preston Road in Plano. Call 469-303-3000 to make an appointment or learn more at childrens.com/andrews.